Kennel recommendations

Hoster05

Anyone have any recommendations for a kennel that fits under a tonneau cover for a medium/large sized dog? My lab is slightly too big for the intermediate ruff tuff kennel. I think she might fit in the Dakota T1 but would need to verify. Checking to see if anyone has come across any other brands out there. My lab is 21” tall and 65lbs.

Are you sure she's too big for the intermediate? They're supposed to be snug with just enough room to turn around. I've seen a taller GSP that weighed the same fit in the RT intermediate.

My Golden is the same size as your Lab. Here are the dimensions for his metal crate: 24 hi, 22 wide x 36 deep. Seems to work well for us. Just bought a second crate for hunting, from Amazon: $35. Now the dogs are confined vs wandering about the truck.

The kennel needs to be small enough to "make" them lay down comfortably. This keeps them safe when the vehicle is in motion. I use a double box made by Easy Loader...https://easyloaderkennels.com/. I use the Deuce as it's narrower but a little deeper and allow my GSP's room to stretch out a little more.

21.5” or smaller to fit under the cover. Just one dog. The rough and tuff intermediate is the perfect size.

Anyone have any recommendations for a kennel that fits under a tonneau cover for a medium/large sized dog? My lab is slightly too big for the intermediate ruff tuff kennel. I think she might fit in the Dakota T1 but would need to verify. Checking to see if anyone has come across any other brands out there. My lab is 21” tall and 65lbs.

Big dogs fit in smaller than you think kennels. My 65lbs labs fit in a medium. I believe the guy from beer, Booz and buds podcast put his 65-70lbs gsps in them.

Back