ithaca phoenix O/U

Bird2485

just came across this. i love this company but only making pumps really limits the consumer. The picture of the gun from the show looks fantastic in my opinion. nice article, they really seemed to enjoy the gun. Anyone got more info on this gun or have experience with it?

i would love to see an ithaca autoloader with the classic black reciever and no nonsense style.....

I'm typically a bigger fan of pumps because they are more in my price range right now, but this may sway me to purchase an O/U.

mine are a set of twins the 12 and 20 guage pump beutiful guns and they shoot great and are good for the long shots since they both are full choke barrels

If I recall correctly those guns were heavy--8 pounds or more. Maybe a nice gun for clay pigeons--but not something I would think of toting into the field with me.

i sure like to carry a light gun. But, I like to shoot a heavy gun! The numbers I have seen on the Ithaca Phoenix are in the 7.5 to 8.5 pound range. I suspect balance is more of an issue in all guns, as opposed to actual weight. My old Parker's and L.C Smith's 12's average between 8 and 9 pounds, but I have walked a lot of miles and never felt like leaving them behind! Balance is the key. On the other hand the 20's in Ithaca flues, L.C. Smith featherweight, and Parker "0" frame guns are all around 6.4 pounds down to about 5.5 pounds dependent upon wood.

Back