ia dnr closes crapper to save money?

blackcloud27

iowa dnr must be desperate. the 2 brand new modern restrooms on clear lake (ventura side). are closed monday thru thursday due to budget cuts:eek: how much money can you possibly save by closing a crapper for 4 days? hell they dont even have any trees in these parks. mcintosh park restroom is about as clean as a third world country. at least they have mature oaks to use in that park when nature calls.

iowa dnr must be desperate. the 2 brand new modern restrooms on clear lake (ventura side). are closed monday thru thursday due to budget cuts:eek: how much money can you possibly save by closing a crapper for 4 days? hell they dont even have any trees in these parks. mcintosh park restroom is about as clean as a third world country. at least they have mature oaks to use in that park when nature calls.

that's just pitiful, maybe they can raise the NR upland game license fee again to cover the deficit....:cheers:

Who needs the crapper! Spend the money on pheasant habitat, Let people drive to the local gas station or freelance in the ditch. Natural solutions for natures little problems.

I vote for Wildcats idea. Cleaning up human feces has got to be more expensive than unlocking the door....what has this world come to?

You know, it is hard to find any humor in the current ecnomic situation, but I think you just managed to encompass it completely! LMAO! :10sign:

Last edited:
that's just pitiful, maybe they can raise the NR upland game license fee again to cover the deficit....:cheers:

productive until the NR says enough is enough and quite buying a license, doesnt come to your fine state, doesnt stay in a motel, doesnt buy lunch and dinner for 4 days, doesnt fill up with gas 3 times and the other $100 of incidentals.

Counterproductive to say the least. Especially with the poor bird numbers in IA the last few years which dont appear to be changing any time soon. If it doesnt have hooves and horns or gobble the DNR doesnt seem to want to promote it.

holy crap batman. unbelieveable. couldn't believe my eyes.!!!!!!!!! i went fishing thursday night and the ventura crapper was open:eek: either the dnr has found some money in the budget or they forgot to lock the crapper. if they forgot to lock it they will probably have to lock it for a whole week to cover the extra expense:mad:

productive until the NR says enough is enough and quite buying a license, doesnt come to your fine state, doesnt stay in a motel, doesnt buy lunch and dinner for 4 days, doesnt fill up with gas 3 times and the other $100 of incidentals.

Counterproductive to say the least. Especially with the poor bird numbers in IA the last few years which dont appear to be changing any time soon. If it doesnt have hooves and horns or gobble the DNR doesnt seem to want to promote it.

Don't take this the wrong way, but if every out of state hunter sees that the population is shsh maybe they will stay away and give us lifelong residents more opportunities.

DCup, Take it the wrong way? What other way is there to take it? That's real great plan. Tank the population, and 20,000 Iowa pheasant hunters left, can hunt the 20,000 remaining Iowa pheasants. By the way the word of Iowa's pheasant population has been out for several years that's why the Iowa pheasant hunters are all going to South Dakota, and Kansas. Hope they are as glad to see you, as you are to see them. I used to go to Iowa, but that was a long time ago, probably before your were born, in the 1970's and 1980's, don't worry, won't be back anytime soon.

DCup, Take it the wrong way? What other way is there to take it? That's real great plan. Tank the population, and 20,000 Iowa pheasant hunters left, can hunt the 20,000 remaining Iowa pheasants. By the way the word of Iowa's pheasant population has been out for several years that's why the Iowa pheasant hunters are all going to South Dakota, and Kansas. Hope they are as glad to see you, as you are to see them. I used to go to Iowa, but that was a long time ago, probably before your were born, in the 1970's and 1980's, don't worry, won't be back anytime soon.

I agree. States like $$$$. If a state gov't is taking large amounts of tax dollars from out of state hunters you can bet your going to see an improvement in habitat and hunting opportunities, and wildlife.

I can only dream that Illinois would get on the hunting "tourism" boat like some of our neighboring states. Yes there will be more fellow hunters taking to the outdoors. But the pay off is very very good.;)

Back