How are the roads at cimarron grass lands ??

duckn66

Trying to find some passable roads after the rain and snow. Phillipsburg roads are nasty as is most of the state right now.

Are the roads in the grasslands mostly sandy? Or are they like the minimum maintenance roads here?

May have to bust some snowdrifts to get in. I think that area got hit with measurable snow and driftin. Should have four wheel drive high clearance and aggressive tires to get in. Once you do the quail hunting should be epic

As a general rule, the roads will be OK. The Grasslands are sandy. You'll need to be careful if taking any two-tracks.

Seeing more pressure this year. I think this is due to folks having trouble finding birds in most of the state and trying to go to places they haven't hunted in the past in hopes of getting into some birds. I'm actually headed to your part of the state today. Not expecting to find anything, but that's what a buddy wanted to do.

As a general rule, the roads will be OK. The Grasslands are sandy. You'll need to be careful if taking any two-tracks.

Seeing more pressure this year. I think this is due to folks having trouble finding birds in most of the state and trying to go to places they haven't hunted in the past in hopes of getting into some birds. I'm actually headed to your part of the state today. Not expecting to find anything, but that's what a buddy wanted to do.

Roads are greasy here when the sun hits them. We waited a little too long before we had a 4 mile drive out. That’s why I’m switching areas this afternoon. Was thinking far SW would have better roads due to being sandy.

You're okay here til noon. Once it thaws a little they are terrible. 6 inches of frozen water on top a lot of them. We had over 2 inches of rain before the snow hit. Been a wet winter.

Three of us and a kid. South

this has been the worst year for excess precipitation. and getting down roads i can remember in a long time......
lots of birds in remote areas will probably never see a bird dawg.....would love to go again, but fightin' mud and driving in circles sucks!

Never had that problem in SW Kansas It’s so sandy that 2 hours after a rain the dust will be blowing About the only weather that will keep me in is a dust storm

Back