help with gun ID

mccuha

I found a side by side shotgun at a show today. It's a 20 and is Belgium made could find very little markings on it. On the side it had Stare on the side plate. I'm guessing this is gun maker. The guy selling it didn't know anything. He didn't know if it shot 2 3/4 or 2 1/2 don't know what markings on receiver mean. Anybody know anything about Belgium guns. I liked it and fit me well just not knowing about chamber stopped me from getting it. I hav the guys no. if I can find info. enough to justfy buying it. Could this be a guild gun?

I cannot help you with the make of the gun, however, if you like it enough do not let a 2 1/2" chamber scare you off. RST sells a whole line of 20 ga. 2 1/2" shotshells. As a hunting gun you will not be shooting the numbers of shells that would make the ammo purchase prohibitive.
Perhaps some pictures of the gun and the watertable and barrel flats markings would help in I.D.

Also in regards to chamber length you can ask a gunsmith for sure but they should be able to bore out the chamber to at least 2 3/4 if not 3". My dad did that years ago on a savage/stevens.

The previous comment about the 2 1/2" shells by RST is solid, I actually hunt with the 2 1/2" #7 shot for grouse and it is very effective.

Back