Hello all from Macon County

hpvizslas

Hello everyone,
I am finally getting back to Missouri from No-mans land Nebraska. While the bird hunting was decent here, it will be great to get back into Missouri. Is anybody on here from North Central Missouri? Any idea what the hunting is like? Looking forward to meeting everyone.
Thanks
HP

Welcome! We are glad to have you. Hope your a frequent visitor. The downside is the hunting for quail and pheasant here has been in a fairly steep decline. I remember days hunting near Macon, was spectacular. Now all over the state very localized, for quail, with decent hunting available on properties which are still farmed to benefit quail. Pheasants about the same, with a better population as you move to the northwest. Ironically, I have spent quite a bit of time hunting the southern tier of counties east to west, in Nebraska lately. You will miss the Nebraska open field and waters program, and crp access areas, we don't have one in Missouri. Wish we did!

Nebraska does have some walk in areas but there are few birds on these areas. Trust me when I say that the Missouri Department of Conservation is heads above many other states. We have lived in a couple of different states in the past 15 years and find that the MDC does better, even though they are not perfect.

Welcome HpVislaz's,

Central south Mo. here. Hunted up by Orleans and had some success. Good luck to you. there is a training seminar in Columbia in May if you are interested.

Welcome aboard!

Back