Heading Back Home to South Dakota

Dakotazeb

I see it's been kind of quiet on this site recently. Typical for this time of year. I'll be heading north from Arizona on April 9th. Sure glad I missed the winter in the mid-west. I've really been concerned as to the toll it took on the pheasants but am encouraged by some of the recent reports on this forum.

While in Arizona I had my two and a half year old Brittany, Bree, back at a trainer to finish her. He has done wonders and I now have a finished, totally broke dog. Steady to wing, shot and fall. Now my challenge is to keep her that way. I've worked hand in hand with the trainer and Bree so the transition should be pretty good. The trainer has been extremely impressed with Bree. Says he doesn't see a dog with her abilities come along very often.

Upon leaving Arizona I'm heading to a NSTRA trial in Montana. Then the weekend after Easter I'll be at a 3 day trial by Killdeer, ND and the first weekend in May at another trial by Ellendale, ND. Bree will be running a lot of braces in the next month.

Here's a pic I took of Bree while training last month.

View attachment 9196

Looking good, do they allow spectators at NSTRA events? I’d like to check one out maybe the one in Ellendale.

What a classic dog-point-pose! When you travel east via SD let us know if you spot any birds along the way...enjoy the trials and good luck.

Such a pretty dog.

Back