GWP fixed

jmuller19

Question, I have a german wire hair 1 year old, is it still early enough to have her fixed? Thanks for any input. Also, I know I should have done it 6 months ago but I Didn't.

WAIT!!!!!!!!!!! All the new reports out say you should wait till the dog is fully developed before removing any reproductive parts. They need that progesterone in their body while developing until at least two years of age. I will nullify my warranty on the pups I sell now if they spay or neuter before two years of age. You are not to late talk to your vet, do some research and wait till she turns two.

I agree with Joel. It's not too late. In fact it's too early. The only people pushing for early spay/neuter are some vets, the Humane Society, PETA, etc. I waited on my current female Brittany until she was 2 years old.

WAIT!!!!!!!!!!! All the new reports out say you should wait till the dog is fully developed before removing any reproductive parts. They need that progesterone in their body while developing until at least two years of age. I will nullify my warranty on the pups I sell now if they spay or neuter before two years of age. You are not to late talk to your vet, do some research and wait till she turns two.

This! Joel knows what he speaks of.

I have had all my GWP neutered at about 1 year of age, they have all turned out to be great dogs, and extremely athletic and muscular, never has any ill effects.

Back