GWP Breeder recommendations

my family and I have decided that our next dog will be a German Wirehaired Pointer. I've done a bunch of research and I found a few breeders out there, but I want to make sure I can thoroughly research this to my best ability. who has a good experience with German wirehair pointer breeders and can pass me their name? I currently reside in Williston North Dakota, and I'm willing to drive for a whole day to go meet breeders and see their dogs in action. any help would be much appreciated!

Gwp

I have a seven year old GWP that is the best hunter I've seen. I got mine as a pup from Ravenroad Kennels out of Belle Plaine, MN. It not a large operation, very friendly to work with the owners. Check them on their website.

I got my GWP from www.montanagundogs.com up in Kalispell, MT. That's ~9 hours from Williston so a really long day!

I was up there several times looking at puppies and the parents before deciding. Watched the parents work a field and point a bird.

There is a GWP breeder not far from you (140 mi.) in Washburn, ND called Dakota Kennels. Here's their web site: http://www.dakotawirehairs.com/

I know nothing about this kennel but it is close to you so you could visit them and check things out. Before selecting any breeder make sure you do your homework and check references, etc.

Back