Good Ending!

FLDBRED

We got out for a short time Saturday morning, and it was a good day. We managed to flush 6 grouse and about the same amount of pheasant. It's always hard for me to shoot a bird on the last day, I figure if they made it this far I just want to wish them luck! We took some pictures of both the pheasant and grouse, but it seems like the camera is on the blink.

It was a GREAT season, I can't believe it's over! Did anybody else go out on the last day?

Glad you were able to get out and get to see some birds. I've only been able to run the dogs a little here and there around home. Saturday's have been taken over by Connor's wrestling matches and with not having any open season close to home there has not been any chances to get any hunting in. But I did hunt some quail on Wednesday at Central Penn for the first time. The dogs enjoyed themselves but the quail flew low and towards a road or building most of the time. I just didn't like the field I was in. But I guess it was better than my normal Wednesday. I'll run the dogs when I can and maybe take them to a preserve one more time in March.

Isn't there one more week of pheasant season? I thought it went a week later than grouse.

Brian,

We kind of called a truce with the pheasants in some of our favorite spots in the north section. With this mild winter we are hoping they can hold over. I know all the research says the pen raised birds won't reproduce, but we have a couple of spots with great habitat, and at the very least we can have " wild-hold overs".

Back