go out with bang

Holy moly....did you just ressurect a 7 year old thread ? or are my eyes deceiving me.....lol
But to your question.....nada for me. Been on the IRL for awhile.....really hoping to catch the tail end of some seasons out here west of the rockies....

I thought the same thing......but hey, why not! I have alot of public land within 20 minutes of my house.
Granted, Wisconsin stocks pheasants throughout the season on the lands......but birds do make it through, survive and have been establishing themselves.
One property, this summer I observed several hens with chicks.....they do not release hens in my area.
Also have seen roosters on these properties throughout the year.
Some are making it and then nature is starting to take over.

No going out with a bang today. Brother-in-law, I and our 2 labs hit some properties until it got too warm out.....no flushes.
Dogs never even got birdy. Dry and warm.....🥴

Was out Wednesday, Friday and Sunday, about 10 hours total, didn't see a bird, saw more bird hunters than all season. Got rained on at my vehicle. It's insane, no ice for ice fishing, duck season is over, honestly haven't seen goose numbers like in the past, so people need something to do. People I talked to said they saw people follow the plant trucks. I live close to Mackenzie, so basically all shot up by me. Sprained my ankle, it's like a baseball right now, but my dog is stir crazy so I might try again, if I can.

My Christmas Eve post, we had hunted public properties west of Fond du Lac.
Day after Christmas we hunted Theresa Marsh spots. Put up one rooster in trees that I managed to miss. Put in some miles that day with just the one flush.
Part of the problem is how mild it has been, birds that are left are anywhere and everywhere.....except the typical last season spots!
Headed to SD on the 1st, so Wisconsin season is done for me.

Back