Getting permission

CT20

How hard is it for a couple guys and 2 dogs to get permission to hunt in the south east part of the state in the middle of November?

Thanks for the support. I have hunted in Iowa and Kansas in he past with great success of knocking on doors. Problem now is they have very little numbers, and I don't want to make them any worse. Hopefully knocking on doors and doing it the right way will work out.
By the way, this will be my first time to ND is the south east a decent area to find birds?

Umm there will be pockets here and there. You can not walk the road ditch where any signs are present. So that is one thing. But unless it changed you can walk land that is not posted. Which is a bad idea. The reason most posted land. If it is not posted then walking the road side good spot seems to never cause a rukus. But even if it is not posted, I will not set foot on someone elses land with out asking. do not be stopped by posted land, ask any way. Many do not even hunt, but they put up the signs because of the stupid laws ND did. Believe me when I say many have told me they hate posting and spending the doe and time on stupid signs. But , they just want to know who where and what is going on out on their land. Anywhere from the James river to the Missouri along the SD border you can find birds. But closer to the Missouri is better.

The thing about SE ND is, The area hasn't been commercialized and is not the destination of Most ND resident and NR upland hunters.

I have had some of my best Pheasant Hunting anywhere in the Valley City area on Private property.

For Sure there are pockets of good pheasant hunting.

Knocking on doors for permission should work. Good Hunting! :thumbsup:

Back