Frozen Four

PTM

Well it was supposed to be four but ended up being three, the temperature was -7 and the first big bunch of birds flushed wild, we spent the next five hours working singles on the frozen planet of Hoth, could of used a Taun-Taun ride out to the truck. We had excellent dog work, nobody missed a reasonable shot, and ended up with one short of our limit. We had a property line confused and watched 200 birds fly away as it turns out we could have hunted it, oh well still a pretty epic day in my part of the world.

12262_zpsmoypucpn.jpg

Frozen hunter with a nice rooster

12261_zpswujerisr.jpg

A good day of hunting in Montana

Good show, Patrick! What are you doing with all those birds you shot? Donate?

Happy New Year!

Good show, Patrick! What are you doing with all those birds you shot? Donate?

Happy New Year!

I'm making them into a dip. We are going to try it again tomorrow, Thursday, and Friday. Most of our endeavors ended up with 1 to 3 birds so this was a really good day for us.

Last edited:
Great hunt!!! Love those nose sticker days!!! Thanks for sharing!:coolpics:

Looks like you guys had a great time despite the freezing temps, you shot as many roosters as we saw in our last day out.:cheers: Did Willy pose perfectly with that elk rack on purpose?:D

No it just ended up that way, we've had two close encounters with moose out here in fact on the last walk we flushed one out of the cattails at point blank range, we struck out yesterday, only two days left, we are going to the same place you and your Dad got your grouse on Friday.

hey good luck on your last day out!

wife and I are going to an area north an hour ,for a walk with the 3 legged dog tomorrow. NOT many birds live on this public area, so not too optimistic , but my wife has never seen tripod hunt. It will be fun Armed walk at least. Winter Well

Appears the Mich. boy's are pushing about 18" of snow in the area we hunted along I 90...snowshoes a possibility? And drifts to make matters worse.

Winner area hunting should be good - 30's and not that deep snow...

Have fun with the three-legged pooch - that dog is amazing!

Back