Fox A Grade

BritChaser

Anyone gotten their hands on a new Fox/Savage A Grade? Tell us what you think about it.

I have a buddy that is a production engineer at Savage. I own a 555 20ga that I use for planted birds. I can tell you that the 555's are not made internal of the Savage plant. I'm not sure who makes the Fox A for them.......

At that price point I'd be afraid to take the gun out of my home......but I tend to be a "storm trooper" in the fields and woods :)

I think the gun is made in the USA by Tony Galazan/CSMC. This is the same outfit that makes the RBL. In fact I think the gun pretty much is an RBL. I think Savage's O/Us are Turkish. That doesn't make them bad guns, but it does make them different.

I think the gun is made in the USA by Tony Galazan/CSMC. This is the same outfit that makes the RBL. In fact I think the gun pretty much is an RBL.

That's my understanding.

I think the gun is made in the USA by Tony Galazan/CSMC. This is the same outfit that makes the RBL. In fact I think the gun pretty much is an RBL. I think Savage's O/Us are Turkish. That doesn't make them bad guns, but it does make them different.
Yes you are correct the O/U are made in Turkey. I love my 555 for the money there is just something about that gun that feels right. It's my go to grouse gun. Short barrel, light and fairly inexpensive to bang around with

I wonder what they really weigh? They list the 28" 20 guage at 7.6 lbs. No thanks. Then list the 26" at 6.6 lbs. Getting closer to where they should be. And yes, it is a Connecticut Shotgun Manufacturing Company (CSMC).

I've been so far out of the loop, I just realized Savage changed their logo from the Indian with headdress to a stylized 'S" over 3 years ago.

I've been so far out of the loop, I just realized Savage changed their logo from the Indian with headdress to a stylized 'S" over 3 years ago.
Appeasing the liberals here in Mass:rolleyes: Don't forget our senator is .0000000000002 native ameican........Even schools had to change the sports teams names over it. Savage just complied before they had protesters camped in their front yard. PC if you will........jus wonder what "Indian Motorcycle" will do:confused::confused::confused:

I wonder what they really weigh? They list the 28" 20 guage at 7.6 lbs. No thanks. Then list the 26" at 6.6 lbs. Getting closer to where they should be. And yes, it is a Connecticut Shotgun Manufacturing Company (CSMC).

I believe the 20ga guns are actually right at or just over 6lbs.

Yes, it's a an RBL stylized to look like an old Fox. If you look out for deals you can find them for the same price a lot of used RBL's are going for these days.

Back