First year pheasant hunting.

MNhuntnfish

First year pheasant hunter. Been an outdoorsman for over 40 years. The wife bought the pup with the intention of trying hunt tests and waterfowl. We some how stumbled onto upland hunting. For the year old dog, we couldn’t be any prouder. Thanks for all the information on this site.

Attachments

• IMG_5235.jpeg
    IMG_5235.jpeg
    4.4 MB · Views: 63
First year pheasant hunter. Been an outdoorsman for over 40 years. The wife bought the pup with the intention of trying hunt tests and waterfowl. We some how stumbled onto upland hunting. For the year old dog, we couldn’t be any prouder. Thanks for all the information on this site.
You have a really good looking FRL. Details on the dog, please? You can't leave us hanging...

You have a really good looking FRL. Details on the dog, please? You can't leave us hanging...
My wife named the pup “Lady”. And yes it’s her dog but my hunting partner when she doesn’t go out. She is currently 14 months old with lots of drive but she is on the small side. She is about 40 lbs and full of energy.

My wife named the pup “Lady”. And yes it’s her dog but my hunting partner when she doesn’t go out. She is currently 14 months old with lots of drive but she is on the small side. She is about 40 lbs and full of energy.
Have you done any hunt testing with her? That is a great size for upland and waterfowl work. What kennel is she out of? That is a great picture!

Have you done any hunt testing with her? That is a great size for upland and waterfowl work. What kennel is she out of? That is a great picture!
No hunt test yet. The wife got her pup from a co worker. The stud came from SOK (Southern Oaks Kennel). The mom is the co workers but unsure what kennel it’s from.

So far the pup was coming along great but the son and I couldn’t wait so we hunted her while being advise to wait for another year. She has no problems doing triples with a blind or doubles with a blind up to 100 yards. So lots of training still needed.

No hunt test yet. The wife got her pup from a co worker. The stud came from SOK (Southern Oaks Kennel). The mom is the co workers but unsure what kennel it’s from.

So far the pup was coming along great but the son and I couldn’t wait so we hunted her while being advise to wait for another year. She has no problems doing triples with a blind or doubles with a blind up to 100 yards. So lots of training still needed.
I hope you get a chance to test. It is a lot of fun and you meet a lot of really good people an see some amazing dogs. What would you like to run? AKC, HRC, APLA?

Back