Fiocchi GPX Golden Pheasant HV

Augusta

Does anyone use these shells? I am looking for comments, experiences with the Fiocchi lead,
2 3/4 inch, 1485 ft/sec loads. Thanks

Last edited:
I have used, and prefer the golden pheasant shells. High percentage of dead birds in the air, and I shoot a lot of the 7.5 nickle plated shot because I am in a mixed bag quail/pheasant area, no confusion about which shells to grab, just load and shoot with confidence. Wife and daughters complain a little about recoil, even in gas auto's, but would be the same with any high velocity load.

I have used them and found them to be very good shells. Switch back and forth between them and the Federal PF loads, whichever I can find the best buy on as they both seem to perform equally well. Don't think you'll be disappointed in them. I like the number 5's for most applications for pheasants.

Matt D

I use a very similiar handload with 1.25oz 4s at that velocity for long range sage grouse and it will crush at distances over 40 yards. I usually don't shoot that far at pheasants (alot tougher to find downed game in shoulder high grass vs sagebrush and thin grass) but the handful of those shells I use a year are very effective for that niche.

Thanks for the replies everyone. I think I will buy a box and pattern them to see how well my gun shoots them.

Back