Finally some decent weather

A5 Sweet 16

29 degrees today. About a 12-13 mph south wind. A little gusty, but MUCH better than the last few days. In fact, almost perfect.
Hunted 1.3 miles in 80 minutes today. Walked a total of 1.8 miles in 100 minutes. Ace couldn't believe we had to go home so soon. I assured him we'd go again tomorrow.

We continue to see good numbers on public & publicly accessible land, including what I'd call normal/appropriate numbers of hens.
I think we saw 5 roosters & 15-20 hens today. Got 3 shots & made the most of them.
Cattails. My little dog never ceases to amaze me.

20211113_150651.jpg

Great day, great pic!

Dogs and I both love pheasant hunting with a bit of snow on the ground. Those days were the way I pictured it way back in grade school when I read Outdoor Life and Field & Stream cover to cover.

You are Living The Dream!

29 degrees today. About a 12-13 mph south wind. A little gusty, but MUCH better than the last few days. In fact, almost perfect.
Hunted 1.3 miles in 80 minutes today. Walked a total of 1.8 miles in 100 minutes. Ace couldn't believe we had to go home so soon. I assured him we'd go again tomorrow.

We continue to see good numbers on public & publicly accessible land, including what I'd call normal/appropriate numbers of hens.
I think we saw 5 roosters & 15-20 hens today. Got 3 shots & made the most of them.
He put a smackdown on em. Him & Benny would get along good. lol We seen good public numbers to even with all the wind.

View attachment 2282
Well done Ace springers and cattails is the perfect combination

Back