Fall Turkey Oct. 1

BritChaser

The fall turkey season opens with its first session on Oct. 1. Up to four birds can be bagged this season. I'm heading out for it.

KS Spur your from Bonner hunt the Kaw River. I live in DeSoto and have a friend that hunts it all the time. He says he does well.

Gary

I have hunted the KAW in western shawnee when all other waters are frozen besides the big river. Geese roost on the river and feed all day in all the nearby corn and bean feilds. I got about a dozen limits in the past 3 years on the KAW. find where they are on the river and you will get your limit easy. they are normally easily to find because they are all buddeled up on open water sand bars. The hard part is finding access to get to the river. there is a public ramp on a small creek that we put in at in Desoto and leads you to the river. we normally take the boat about 2 miles down the river and kill a lot of geese.

Last edited:
Hen Turkey Wing Shot

The fall turkey season opens with its first session on Oct. 1. Up to four birds can be bagged this season. I'm heading out for it.

Shot my first turkey out of the air yesterday. I medium sized hen flushed left to right as I walked a wooded area where I had spotted some earlier in the day. Today the breast will be served cordon bleu at a potluck.

Back