Extinction Of Pheasant Hunting In Parts Of Nebraska

@Golden Hour I wasn't specifically just referring to just last winter. Favorable hatching conditions in June play a big role because most roosters harvested each fall hatched a few months earlier. Hen survival is obviously more important each winter too. Hens are what keep the population moving forward.

Agreed that the weather can have a much more significant impact than predators, but again, we had over 90 inches of snow last year, and the cold and snow started in November, let up slightly in early December, then was full grown winter until the beginning of April. This fall was the best year in recent memory in the area that I hunt. Weather and predators are no match for habitat and the wild pheasant.

Not that there aren't anomalies, but they're pretty rare. In general, any localized population that is actually affected significantly by predators or weather does not have the truly good habitat a pheasant needs for all seasons. It's missing something.

Ya thats not hunting. In ND I saw a group with all brand new trucks They looked like a group dressed as if they were right out of Cabela's catalog. Dogs everywhere. They were walking in a corn stock field so matted down and so flat a Robin could not hide in it. We are seeing a change in the hunting pay pay pay.

I only said I have not hunted that area but do go there on occasion for other reasons like fishing 7 times last year. I live just a few miles away. I was hunting there when you were cutting teeth I got 20 yrs on you. The only thing that's odd is your reply. Every forum has one of you. Google Earth it ,,,,,,,,, pivots everywhere. So you are saying its not habitat its the drought humm....;.; irrigated ----- don't they use water anymore. Those pivots leave standing water in furrows so that leaves your ideas out. Your Wrong and I know it. The motels in that area used to overflow with hunters and they are now ghost towns, that's odd. Prove me wrong on that. Whats real odd is you said you hunted NEAR there so that means you have not hunted in the area I am talking about thats odd. So you can say my statements odd when you have never been there, what a odd thing to say. We had record rain fall last year there is no drought there are no Pheasants to speak of there are a few around a famers houses and thats all. So you keep hunting because the pheasants will come back on the 12th of Never. You should learn the ghost dance for pheasants that is what the American Indians did to bring the American Buffalo back, hows that working out. Check out the rain fall for Imperial NE. in 2023.
Dude you are a troll plain and simple you bring nothing of value to this group but a bunch of whining.

Back