End of Season

walk213

Great video as always.. Nice shot one the bird in the second video... Looked like a bit of a poke.

Thanks man. Believe it or not, the final rooster evaded capture....and flew again! My shot must have been caught only feathers. Bummer.

I hit one this year like that. He got up close and flew almost over my head. First shot blew feathers out like a pillow. My brain said well he was too close. Yet he kept flying. I swung on him again and slapped the trigger. Again another explosion of feathers and he kept going this time trailing feathers like smoke streaming out of a hit fighter plane. He sailed out into a milo field where I lost sight of him. Sucks to have lost him. I was using #4’s..

I hit one this year like that. He got up close and flew almost over my head. First shot blew feathers out like a pillow. My brain said well he was too close. Yet he kept flying. I swung on him again and slapped the trigger. Again another explosion of feathers and he kept going this time trailing feathers like smoke streaming out of a hit fighter plane. He sailed out into a milo field where I lost sight of him. Sucks to have lost him. I was using #4’s..

I am also shooting #4 HEVI-Shot Pheasant. I think my patten is concentrated on the back end of the bird. At 30 yards + I don't make lethal contact. I need to work on my shooting in the off season. I don't like injuring birds.

I am also shooting #4 HEVI-Shot Pheasant. I think my patten is concentrated on the back end of the bird. At 30 yards + I don't make lethal contact. I need to work on my shooting in the off season. I don't like injuring birds.

It would be worth it spending some time at a patterning board with chokes and loads. You might be surprised on what you may find. Then spend time on the skeet range working on consistent mounting and swing. Stopping the gun when you slap the trigger is one of the most common shooting errors.

Golden Gun Club is back open to the public... I could use the practice myself..

You guys are from Parker? I moved here a couple years ago and have been looking for mentors (yeah, I'm a newb). I know it's the end of the season, but maybe we can link up come november, or if you guys field trial at all.

Back