Eddie Bauer upland catalog

Toad

I just got an Eddie Bauer upland hunting catalog in the mail this past weekend. I had no idea they were selling hunting clothes.:confused:

Has anybody on here ever used their upland clothes before? Or get their catalog in the mail?

I bought a new pair of upland pants from Cabelas last year on a closeout, so I am not in the market... But I was really impressed by the design of one of the two upland pants they had. It looked like the front pockets were zippered, the back pockets were buttoned, and it had articulated knees, which is really nice when you're walking a zillion miles. They also had an upland belt that looked like it might be a winner.

My gut reaction was, "kinda pricey, but they obviously put some thought into designing this stuff." I doubt I will order anything, but it's nice to know there is another option out there.

I just got a catalog today from them, not sure how they got my address. I quickly paged through it and it looked like some nice stuff.

I just got a catalog today from them, not sure how they got my address. I quickly paged through it and it looked like some nice stuff.

I was wondering the same thing. Maybe PF membership or one of the half-dozen outdoor magazines, or KDWP?

At one time Eddie Bauer was in the top small group of those selling high quality, highly sought after outdoor gear of all manner. As a kid, I really wanted one of their sleeping bags....bad.
Then, ownership changes brought them down to a bulgar wheat level and I expect this new-appearing venture is mostly about high prices on gear designed to appeal and grab market share of those who "gun" in the sun....as with Kevin's.
Might find a gem amongst the silly and over-designed tho.

As far as addresses, they have their ways.

I have received catalogs from Kevins in the past also. Nice bathroom reading, especially since the prices made me ... :eek::eek::eek:!

My advice is be patient. This stuff will hit the outlets soon enough. The stuff looks beautiful almost to pretty to take afield.

I received the catalog on Monday and I had the same question: Is this quality merchandise or some kind of fashion statement designed to help the metro-sexuals pad their man cards? I talked to a friend of mine in the apparel business and he has heard that it's a genuine attempt to return to their origins. He was really excited about the outerwear but he didn't have any direct contact with the hunting apparel. For what it's worth, I have an Eddie Bauer jacket that has held up well for me. It just strikes me odd that any company would get into hunting apparel when that market appears to be shrinking. We shall see.

Speaking along these lines I've found Columbia's upland stuff to almost be second to none. I have a jacket and pants from them and have a very hard time finding something to complain about. Which is not fun for me because then I have no excuse for the wife on why I need a new coat or pants. This issue can create some very heated debates when the credit card bill comes.

Why don't you go to Ambercrobie & Fitch. The 100 dba sound system blaring and the scent will be with you after three washing of clothes. Sorry examples of old pictures of the good old days, with shirtless male models to look earthy. Makes a guy long for the "itchy wool shirt" by Pendelton's in Eddie Bauer catalogues of the 1960's.

eddie bauer

I was so excited to go to Seattle 20 years ago, i had remembered all the stories Jack O'Conner wrote before he went north to get outfitted at Eddie Bauer.

The old school outdoor section consisted of a exclusive , but remarkably small high end section of Speciality outdoor fishing, hunting tools and apparel. That experience was very disappointing to me

However their catalog looked well researched , and perhaps executed. It is too bad they threw away a generation of customers so long ago. The hunting apparel world is very crowed now! It might take a long time to get traction!

At one time Eddie Bauer was in the top small group of those selling high quality, highly sought after outdoor gear of all manner. As a kid, I really wanted one of their sleeping bags....bad.
Then, ownership changes brought them down to a bulgar wheat level and I expect this new-appearing venture is mostly about high prices on gear designed to appeal and grab market share of those who "gun" in the sun....as with Kevin's.
Might find a gem amongst the silly and over-designed tho.

As far as addresses, they have their ways.

1+

I have no idea why I just got their catalog either. I thought some of their new stuff looked fine but very pricey. Even more pricey than Orvis, which is saying alot!

I have one of their goose down vests from the good old days which has been on outdoor adventures all over the continent. At one time their goose down clothes/sleeping bags were the top of the line.

Are they just chasing memories from the past? I agree that this market is slowing shrinking, mores the pity!!:mad:

NB

Back