DZ is headed to Minnesota

Dakotazeb

Watchout you MN roosters!

Leaving this afternoon for my annual MN hunt with my old high school buddies. Looks like the weather is going to change for the better just in time.

Even if the weather doesn't get better the beer and the Forty Creek whiskey will still be good. :D

Watchout you MN roosters!

Leaving this afternoon for my annual MN hunt with my old high school buddies. Looks like the weather is going to change for the better just in time.

Even if the weather doesn't get better the beer and the Forty Creek whiskey will still be good. :D

Ya Buddy! Good luck...hope you guys have a great time.

Roosters, Good friends Whiskey and Beer...who says there's no Heaven:cheers:

Way to hunt the wind. We get a 60mph west wind half the birds in SD get pushed to western MN and your on there tail. Now thats hunting.
You maybe the only one from SD that hunts Phez in MN?

Leave enough room for the dogs and maybe a gun between the beer and whiskey. Good luck

Have a good trip and good shooting. I hope I get to do the same.........Bob

It was a very successful hunt. We had 5 guys Thurs. & Fri. and 4 today. We ended the 3 days with 22 birds. We also had 5 dogs, my 2 Brittanys, a Small Munsterlander, a Lab and a Springer.

You would have laughed at the Springer the guy from Wisconsin showed up with. Dog was almost as wide as it was tall. Had to weigh 60-70 lbs. Actually the dog did a fairly decent job for being as out of shape as he was and with as little hunting that he gets. But I know Elle covered as much ground as the Lab, SM and Springer put together. My dogs workded very well during the hunt. Mattie found 2 runners in the CRP today that I thought we might lose. She is really great at tracking and finding those cripples.

Thats one I can't figure out, why do people get the dogs so damm fat. They look like Rosie Odonnel in a jump rope contest out there. I had a fun day today here too.

I appreciate the humor Sir! I too have a hard time understanding why some folks get their bird dogs so fat. My dad does it to every one of his and they suffer for it later in life.

The "fat" Springer that my buddy had is actually his son's. His son doesn't hunt and lives in a metro area. My buddy brings Toby along when he comes to Minnesota. The dog must have a field background as it does a good job locating birds and retrieves to hand. I know the dog doesn't get nearly enough exercise. The son is feeding him Canidae dog food but I don't know which formula. I looked at the various Canidae formulas on their web site and it appears that they all contain a high amount of calories. Higher than other dog foods except when you get into performance formulas. Canidae does make a formula called the Platinum that is for senior and over weight dogs. He needs to change to Platinum or change foods altogether.

Happy to hear you had a good trip George. Elle did her best which is good news, all that field trial training and roading is paying off. Congrats sounds like all pegs are falling just right.......Bob

Zeb
How was the water? I was out today on Wma land and all my good areas were 6" or more of water.
I need a web toe kit on for my EP.:)

What was the ratio of wiskey to birds last weekend? :cheers:

Zeb
How was the water? I was out today on Wma land and all my good areas were 6" or more of water.
I need a web toe kit on for my EP.:)

What was the ratio of wiskey to birds last weekend? :cheers:

There was a fair amount of water in the low areas but not as bad as it was around here last year.

From my calculations it was about 2 oz. of Forty Creek whiskey per bird. :)

Back