Deer Rut 2009

2nd year in a row I will not be deer hunting. I hunt Vilas County and havent seen a deer in years. We see very few while driving too. 2 weeks in a bear stand and never saw a deer. No antlerless tags issued this year at all. I hate to sit out agagin this year but it just isnt worth it.
I drove from the WI/IL border to Minneapolis last week and saw only one deer both directions. Usually during the rut theres a deer laying every mile. Not good in WI for deer right now

Last Weds., the deer (and pheasants) really started moving about two hours early. The last front we had to deal with was coming thru and we saw about 40 deer in an hour and 1/2. The bucks were together still. Only saw one good one and I believe he was one I saw opening day. We saw deer just about every mile over a 20 mile stretch. Sanborn/Miner Co. area.
________
Toyota corolla e140 specifications

Last edited:
ive seen quite a few, jumped a nice buck with doe this morning while chasing birds. Seen alot of bucks the last week or so in northern sauk co and southern juneau co

Bucks are moving good right now and have been for a week or so. Probably slow down sometime next week. Might not be as many deer around but still enough big boys to fill a tag. Deer hunting ain't my thing anymore though don't even think I'll rifle hunt this year.

Seen quite a few does and one nice buck. Definitely a shooter. On a side note I was at Buck Rub Archery last night and was able to see the 25 pointer that was shot in Menomonee Falls in person. It was a monster

Cool story and a dandy buck.

I was in SD last week and the bucks were definitely chasing. Saw one shooter at 64 yards but a little too far for bow. Getting tuned for gun deer opener this weekend in WI. Neighbor says corn is coming off but combine broke down. If they get it off before weekend that is all we can ask. What's left for deer should be in the woods then.

I hit a small buck last Th on Hwy 43 just SW of lake geneva. Van didnt fair too well. He's still laying in the ditch-stop and take a look. Back and forth to MN past 2 days ans theres still a lot of deer on the move. Good luck to all. Im sitting it out again this year. Not worth it in our area-unit 35

Back