Corn Status

I too hunted north of Holyoke and would agree that 60% - 70% of the corn is now off. Seemed the corn harvesting helped concentrate the birds a bit. I was able to get my limit on Friday, plus two more on Saturday morning. There was no doubt that the birds I got had been "Educated" in previous weeks, but they could not out run a turkey choke and some #4 turkey loads! (Sometimes you have to play mean!)

Hunted holyoke as well today and it seemed as though most of the corn is deffinitely cut, but like everybody said there are areas where there was still a lot of standing corn, but luckily not near the WIA properties i was hunting. The 2 of us were able to bag 2 roosters, but you could deffinitely tell they are starting to get smart already, we had quite a few flush way out ahead of us, and the first one we bagged was playing hide and seek with us for a good 45 min before we tricked him and circled around behind and caught him by surprise!

I too hunted north of Holyoke and would agree that 60% - 70% of the corn is now off. Seemed the corn harvesting helped concentrate the birds a bit. I was able to get my limit on Friday, plus two more on Saturday morning. There was no doubt that the birds I got had been "Educated" in previous weeks, but they could not out run a turkey choke and some #4 turkey loads! (Sometimes you have to play mean!)

Yeah, sometimes you have to do whatever works. Nice work on the pheasants. Man, there would be a lot more birds in Colorado if you didn't move to town. :cheers:

I was out on Wednesday with my dad and cousin. We bagged five birds. We didn't see a lot on walk in, but still had a lot of fun on private.

Back