Colorado WIA's

comulies09

Are any of these any worth while, or is private land the key?

I just want a chance to shoot some birds. I also heard that later in the season will be better after the corn is cut and some more snow flies out east.

Thanks for your help,

Brian

Get out there and explore. They are worth it. I just got back over the weekend and out of us 4 guys, we got 2 a piece. This year truly has been a banner year and there are tons of birds still. We hunted all walk in access.

Many of the walk-ins are great & will hold birds even better as the season progresses, especially some of the larger CRP patches under harsh weather conditions...There are also a lot of duds out there too, either too far removed from a good food source or some of them even hayed bald & rendered useless...The only way to find out which-is-which is to get out there & burn up some gas & boot leather with the rest of us! :)

X3 on what these folks stated. Some are super nice and others are worthless.:thumbsup:

Yeah, walk in's can be great if you hit them right. Just like anything else, they can be crappy too. This topic has been discussed at length on this forum. Read through past posts and you'll learn a lot.

I gotta agree with everyone else on this one. The keys to look for are good cover, good roosting spots, food nearby and water available. I have found many WIA areas that are huge and don't look like much from the road but by burning some boot leather and walking to the back side of them, I found small tree rows, a water bubbler and a bunch of non-spooked birds. The birds aren't going to come looking for you so you must look for them. You might be surprised by some of the areas that hold birds and most people won't even give these areas a second look.

Back