Cell phone coverage in NE Montana

calamari

I know it's not quite hunting stuff but, "She Who Must Be Made Happy" demands that I check every so often. I have ATT and get virtually no coverage even while camping under cell phone towers. There are a few bars at an intersection near Homestead, a hummock out North of Medicine Lake Refuge, a 15' square out in the middle of a stubble field near Froid and then nothing till Culbertson. Under the tower at Plentywood and no signal.
Local people I've talked to say they have Sagebrush Celluar and have let me use their phone but I'm not sure they aren't pulling my leg about their carrier.
What do others do or am I just a yutz? Don't answer that!

I have Verizon and don't have much of a problem in NE MT. Sure there are "dead" spots out there, but you should be able to get fair reception.

I have Verizon, That whole area Culbertson, Froid and around Plentywood I have never not gotten service.
You get about 25 miles or so out of the towns and service is spotty.

Thanks. I guess I'll just have to trudge out to that 15' circle in the stubble field to make my calls. I sure don't understand all I know about the things. The funny thing is ATT says they have good coverage along the highway from Culbertson through Plentywood to Scobey.

Thanks. I guess I'll just have to trudge out to that 15' circle in the stubble field to make my calls. I sure don't understand all I know about the things. The funny thing is ATT says they have good coverage along the highway from Culbertson through Plentywood to Scobey.

Calamari, When was the last time you updated your cell phone tower number? I don't know about ATT,but verison has a number you enter into your phone to update new towers, and your suppost to enter that number every so often, to keep your phone updated. I'd contact att to find out if this applies to you. Hope this helps keeping you out of that 15' circle.:)

Thanks jmac!! I have a cell phone because I was directed to have one otherwise it sits in a drawer in the house. I'm dumb as a 500# bomb from WWII about all the features so it would be typical of me not to have done something that makes the phone work as intended. I'll give your suggestion a try.:thumbsup:

Back