Beretta A300 Outlander

PTM

I've convinced myself I need one. Anyone shooting one and what is your overall impression of the USA made Beretta.

I sell them but I haven't shot one yet. I can tell you that the gas system is similar to a al390 which in my opinion is one of the best systems made. The gun fits me well and I'm looking forward to shooting one.

I opted for the Franchi Affinity after looking hard at the A300 to replace my Beretta A302 ( I also own other Berettas). I use mine for pheasant hunting and love it and don't regret buying it for a minute. I feel it is better balanced than the A300 and the raised rib just seems to bring my eye on target faster. Mine is a 12ga. and I usually shoot a 1330 fps heavy load with no issues at all. It is my first composite stock but I warmed up to it quickly as I hunt in about every Fall/Winter weather type and didn't have to worry about getting the moisture off. I know it is not a gas gun and there is a little more recoil, but not that much. It stays cleaner than my A302 ever did. I strongly recommend it to anyone looking in that category of gun, if nothing else, for a comparison!

Last edited:
I opted for the Franchi Affinity after looking hard at the A300 to replace my Beretta A302 ( I also own other Berettas). It stays cleaner than my A302 ever did.

IMO the older 300 series Beretta's, namely the 302 and most specifically the 303 were some of the best Beretta autoloaders ever made. Very simplistic and easy to field strip with fewer moving parts etc.. compared to the much more complicated and IMO over-engineered 391 and now A400 guns. Don't get me wrong the newer guns perform well, but are a Pain in the Arse to strip down completely for a good cleaning. I think the materials used in the older guns were far less prone to breaking as well. More plastic and lighter weight metals used in the current generation.

FWIW

Back