Benelli O/U

Send me one Miforester and I'll give you the most in depth review I can! I've seen them and they look/handle sweet in the store. :)

They sure come up and point nice in the store. I was in the market for a new over under this summer and if they would have had them in stock I think I would have come home with one.
I am really interested to see how well people like them.

I don't know if this will help but I shot the new over under a demo and was only able to shot it 10 times. But the gun shot where I pointed it and I got 10 for 10 on clay targets. It felt and handled great, easy to get into to shooting position, gun was light weight and I would have like to shoot it again.

Last edited:
I don't know if this will help but I shot the new over under a demo and was only able to shot it 10 times. But the gun shot where I pointed it and I got 10 for 10 on clay targets. It felt and handled great, easy to get to you shooting position, gun was light weight and I would have like to shoot it again.

Thanks, not to bad 10 for 10

Friday I went to a gun shop in southern Minnesota and saw the 828U for the first time in person. Yeah it was a little pricey, but not really compared to other nice O/U's on the market. I picked it up and immediately noticed the lightness and how good it felt. I had a few "extra" guns to trade in so we made a deal and I walked out with my new 828U with 28" barrels. The quality is great - just what I would expect from Benelli (I also owned a Super Sport).

On Sunday, I took the gun and my dog to a gun club I belong to and had some pheasants thrown out for us. It wasn't long before she kicked up the first rooster - one shot had it on the ground. The 828U kicked a fair amount, but nothing worse then any other O/U I've owned in the past. The next bird took 2 shots to drop but that was my fault for rushing, not the gun. The last 2 went just as easily and we were done for the day.

Now, I know it was only one outing, but I couldn't be happier. The gun performed as expected and my shoulder was just fine. I still need to adjust the stock so the mount is a little closer to natural and I removed the auto safety clip so that it doesn't return to safe after each opening of the breech.

I know that the gun looks "different" but I wouldn't call it ugly at all. All of the changes appear to be for the better and it's easy to take apart and clean. So there's an opinion from a real Benelli 828U owner.

Moomps,

Thanks for the review, you are the first I've known to shoot and own one. Please keep updating as you send more rounds thru it. :10sign::cheers:

Back