Benelli Ethos

RoosterTim

Has anyone heard of issues with choke tubes coming loose in Ethos's. I had mine loosen up on me while I was using it. The tube has blackend in color but shows no sign of damage other than that.

My previous Beretta had that problem. No matter how tight I tried to crank it in, the IC choke would back out over time. It would be 1/8" past the end of the barrel by the end of a day if I didn't check it constantly, and it did fall out once on the way back to the truck after a duck hunt... I don't know if it loosened more from shooting or just rattling around in the truck as we drove down gravel roads, but it seemed like I was constantly screwing it back in.

For better or worse, a wrap or two of Teflon tape solved the problem. I tried threadlocker once, but it made the choke tube almost permanent, and was a real PITA to clean from the threads of the barrel and choke. If you go that route, I would stick with just the Teflon tape... Goes on easy, comes off easy, and it works.

I have not had that issue yet with my current Beretta.

I have had no issues with mine, in the field or at the range with that, or anything else thus far. Had it out in the field on every hunt last year.

My SBE1 chokes will loosen slightly while shooting. I am just in the habit of checking them regularly. I just finger tighten mine back in

Back