Anyone want to trade a hunt

edo

I live in the northeast quarter of the state. Been in this spot for 35 years. Hunted birds the entire time. Looking for something new. Anyone interested in trading bird hunting for quail or any other birds for Huns, chukars, sage grouse, pheasants ruff/blue grouse or sharptails? Let me know what you have to offer?

I live in the northeast quarter of the state. Been in this spot for 35 years. Hunted birds the entire time. Looking for something new. Anyone interested in trading bird hunting for quail or any other birds for Huns, chukars, sage grouse, pheasants ruff/blue grouse or sharptails? Let me know what you have to offer?

I wish I had something u needed all I have to offer u off the list of birds u can offer is MN spruce grouse & maybe woodcock??? I've been wanting to hunt NE WY for upland birds for last 2-3 years I hunted turkey in WY black hills last 3 years love WY wanted to do a blue grouse sage grouse combo & sharptail hun combo all in that area put it in hold my father done with radiation come sept. 8 we see how he feel then & If we draw prairie chicken tags in MN again???

I hunt SD pheasant on public land I know areas with chickens & grouse & pheasant live... i also have hunted NE pheasant & quail on public know areas wear u can shoot chickens grouse bobwhite quail & pheasant on same tract of land... I also hunt MN pheasant ruffed grouse sharptails spruce grouse

But I wish I had more to offer lol WY sounds as game rich as I thought u have it maid in that part of state I'm sure u know...

Last edited:
That's really tough to answer. If I'm just chasing Huns and in the right area I'd expect to see a half dozen or so. In a good year I've seen over 20 different coveys in a day. Sometimes in the winter they bunch up and there can be a lot of them in a small area. Seen as many as 300-400 Huns in a small drainage along a 1/2 mile section. So many different factors at play. Sometimes your done in 20-30 minutes and other days you walk 6-8 miles. With a little snow on the ground it generally makes finding them a whole lot easier. In the next couple of weeks, should have a pretty good idea of what the season will be like. Took the dogs on a walk this evening and they found 2 Huns and they were together, normally there would be 15-18 in a covey. Shortly will know what to expect for the season.

Last edited:
I might like to take you up on a trade some time but I'll be pretty busy this year. I'd be willing to trade a quail hunt of your choosing (mountain, california, or gambles) for a sagegrouse hunt.

Hello, live north of you up in Montana, what kind of trade were you thinking? Wyoming have a black powder season for deer? That's something I would be interested in, we have pheasant, huns, grouse, could even waterfowl hunt if you have your own set up. If they have a early hunt, pre October or post November, I would be very interested if that is something you could offer, thanks

I'm interested in everything that people have mentioned. Really just interested in seeing some new country and meeting new people. The birds help too! The quail have me really interested. Send me a pm with a little info and a way to contact you and I will respond.
Thanks,
Mike

Back