500 miles per bird, 2,000 miles per fish

calamari

I'm back from Montana with 4,000 miles on my truck and a yet to be totaled charge on my credit card. It was a less than knee slapping good time but it did have its moments. I fished three bodies of water and caught a couple of yellow perch but the pike, trout walleyes and Burbot didn't co-operate. I enjoyed meeting up with Wayne "mnmthunting" for a days hunt and great duck dinner. I came back with 8 pheasants losing 4 that includes one I hit at 65 mph with my truck. Very tough birds! Too hot for all day hunting and very hard on my dog. It made it hard for her to find birds I shot. When I figure out how to post pictures on this new machine I'll post about the trip again.

Welcome back;). Yeah, if you get those photos figured out I'm looking forward to seeing them!

I'm assuming it was Wayne who treated you to the duck dinner?

I'm assuming it was Wayne who treated you to the duck dinner?

Yup and and he showed me a new way to combine heating and cooling devices into one all purpose piece of camping equipment. I'll let him explain if he wants to after he gets it patented.

Welcome back Cal. 500 miles per bird isn't too bad, can't wait to see some pics.:cheers:

I tried to post a photo but it didn't work. now I can't delete my entire post. Anyone know how to delete an entire post?

Last edited:
Cal, I can delete it. but why? Its not hurting anything. Glade you had a good time on your trip.:thumbsup:

I wanted to delete my attempt to post a photo because it adds nothing except a post count to the total. I guess that's enough reason to keep it.
I looked for a place to try experimental posting stuff in the forums but couldn't find anything. Some sites have a test forum. Is there a place on UPH to work out problems like I'm having without cluttering up a thread?

Have you tried the "preview post" option Cal?

WOW! Sounds like Montana can be a tough hunt for bot man and dog!!:eek:
If you send your pics to me I an put them up for you.
I'll PM my email
DHT

I'm glad to be back home, drove all the way in 60 mph gusts of South wind. CRAZY!!!
Hunter numbers were down but not out, still!! lots of hunters in the Medicine Lake area.
I had some good pheasant hunting again. Walk all day for a couple chances or get into a ealy limit.
24 days in MT so far, another trip late Nov. :confused:
No elk or deer for me, I saw deer but nothing I would want to bone and pack.

The wind! Usually I can drive from Miles City to the West side of Bozeman with a good cushion of fuel left. This time driving 75 I was dry at Livingston and felt stupid for not stopping at Big Timber. That kind of wind makes that pop-up camper an even better investment than because it's convenient.
Glad you made it safely.:cheers:

Last trip I fueled up in Sidney, with a good west wind I made it to Jamestown with still 1/4 tank getting 23 mpg.
Yesterday with the strong South wind I fueled up in Froid and needed fuel at Belfield, getting 12 mpg.
MAN! I hate wind, always have. Hunting, camping and driving.

MAN! I hate wind,

There's nothing better than laying up against a rice check in a 40mph wind with the ducks and geese having to gain altitude to go over the check! Other than that, it just makes me want to sign, "Mariah!" from "Paint Your Wagon" and Morgan tells me I can't sing.

Last edited:
Back