2017 conditions

LOl. Sure Mike. That's just what I need in the mix of things:eek:

How did your area fair the storm from the other night? Once again the low areas were flooded around here.:(

Sorry I haven't responded earlier,starting a new pup and it's been time consuming.So far this spring,the one thing i've noticed is the large amount of CRP taken out this year.I lost a 300 acre field and within a half mile another 200 acres was taken out.Saw another 80 and 120 in another county.Not good to see.
I heard some,not alot,of roosters crowing this spring and until yesterday,on my way to go dog training,I didn't see a hen.Did see one yesterday on a gravel road with 8 to 10 very small chicks in tow.Two weeks ago,Iroquois county West of ST. Anne was under water from some big storms that rolled in the night before.Once again,not good.The crp grounds still there looks good and saw alot of grasshoppers yesterday so that will help those broods that survived the floods and plows but it doesn't look promising,hoping the second clutches have better weather.

I'm sorry too Rock. For some reason I couldn't log into the sight since the update??? Anyway, I'm sorry to hear about all the habitat loss! What disappointment. Man. Yeah. What a Bummer.

Let us know if you see any signs of birds down your way my friend. Any good news will be welcomed news.

Nick

Sorry about my delayed response Mike. It's been a fun week. lol

Anyway, the sight was not sold. This new format is supposed to be more mobile friendly than the old format.

yikes I think it blows on my Iphone

Yeah. It seems cleaner/simpler on my phone but I'm still used to the old format. I think it's going to take some getting used to. I'm going to try out one of the new emojis here. Let's see which one....Ah. Yes. This one will do;:beer:

Huh. Never-mind. It didn't show up. lol

Little late for me to chime in on this thread but here in Central Il we have only had about 2in of rain since April!! Not sure why they are not calling it a full on Drought but believe me it is one of the driest summers I have seen, I have a lawn service company and this summer is worse than 2012 when we had 100 plus days in July and no rain. I think the crops in our area are going to come up short. Hope the bird numbers hold up but no rain is not good for any living thing.

Back