Prevent fur loss

Marshstalker

So I know she has allergies, we've accounted for all of them, besides getting the custom shot that's 250 a month(not gonna happen), she's still itchy. She has a raw diet, pre and probiotic, greenlipped muscle, colostrum, and an all natural allergy pill that I also take.
I did weekly baths in Chlorhexidine after 2 months of a yeast protocol. Vet said blood work was fine, thinking it's anxiety?
But my main question is how to prevent fur loss during hunting season? I started Cowboy Magic this week, I use it on my my mounts and family uses it on horses. These pics are 3 weeks apart.
I know she'll lose some fur, but as a first time wire hair owner, is this excessive? I honestly don't care about her looks, the wife does, but any way to prevent it from pulling so much?
1000000840.jpgPXL_20231112_154840270.jpg

Is she by chance on apoquel? I'm no vet, but one of my dogs is on Apoquel and so is my sister's mutt rescue. Cleared up everything for both dogs and both are now on a low daily maintenance dose. We had a ton of skin issues with our GSP and weren't getting far at the vet so we went to a pet dermatologist who has been great (and relatively cheap.)

Is she by chance on apoquel? I'm no vet, but one of my dogs is on Apoquel and so is my sister's mutt rescue. Cleared up everything for both dogs and both are now on a low daily maintenance dose. We had a ton of skin issues with our GSP and weren't getting far at the vet so we went to a pet dermatologist who has been great (and relatively cheap.)
No, we did try it twice with no help.
We did some antibiotics as well.
I'd look to a dermatologist, but I already spent close to 1k at the vet for testing and meds.

I have a Brittany that's an allergy dog. She has been getting Cytopoint injections for nearly 7 years and it has totally controlled the itching and hair loss. Originally the vet said the Cytopoint would last 4-8 weeks but we normally get by closer to 12 weeks. The shots are costing me about $80 right now. I believe Cytopoint is made by the same company that makes Apoquel. I like not having to give a pill every day and it actually works out Cytopoint is cheaper than Apoquel. After 7 years I have not seen any adverse side effects.

Have you had your dog tested to see what she might be allergic to? How do you know that a raw diet is helping? And that all natural pill is probably no doing any good. In the beginning I tried everything. All kinds of supplements and various foods. All were a waste of time and money. She has been on ProPlan chicken and rice for over 5 years and no supplements. Cytopoint seems to be doing the job.

She had a full allergy panel, cytopoint didn't help either.
She's basically allergic to all veggies and grains.
She can have any protein.

Back