Flint Hills report anyone?

Notwrking

Has anyone had much success in the SE quadrant of Kansaa? I was a little east of there in western Missouri for just a partial day recently and kicked up a few covers of bobs. It got me thinking maybe Kansas has come back some this year.

I live about 60 miles from the Missouri, state line in the southeast corner of Kansas. All my hunting is on private ground. I have hunted every weekend since season opened. I have found 4 coveys in that time. Most of my hunting is after church on Sunday afternoons. Biggest covey had 12 birds in it the other coveys were 8 or less birds. I have access to a lot of ground, and I have some pretty decent dogs the birds are just not here.

I live about 60 miles from the Missouri, state line in the southeast corner of Kansas. All my hunting is on private ground. I have hunted every weekend since season opened. I have found 4 coveys in that time. Most of my hunting is after church on Sunday afternoons. Biggest covey had 12 birds in it the other coveys were 8 or less birds. I have access to a lot of ground, and I have some pretty decent dogs the birds are just not here.
Wow that is disappointing. Had many a good day there years ago

That's not encouraging. I was down the Texas panhandle just before Christmas and saw more birds in one afternoon. I was hoping to find decent numbers closer to home (Minnesota) to save some drive time. Anyone else doing better?

Wow that is disappointing. Had many a good day there years ago
Yes, very disappointing. I have lived in this area my whole life. I was lucky enough to hunt the 1980s and 1990s then the decline started. Last hunting season was better for me then this year has been. I have some ground I have no gotten on yet, have to wait till deer season is over! Its usually pretty good.

Yes, very disappointing. I have lived in this area my whole life. I was lucky enough to hunt the 1980s and 1990s then the decline started. Last hunting season was better for me then this year has been. I have some ground I have no gotten on yet, have to wait till deer season is over! Its usually pretty good.
I started hunting upland in 76 with my dad. We would come down and hunt prairie chickens in Westphalia area, then further south for quail. It was not hard to put up multiple coveys in a day and rarely came back without a limit. Then all the birds were gone….

Back