Best No-Till Drill for Polinator Seeding

All, Looking to purchase a new small no-till drill for my farm, capable of planting pollinator seed and grasses. I have various tractor hp and hitch options. I'd prefer a 3pt. but open to pull type drill.

In your opinions, what's the drill that's best suited for pollinator seed planting? What are the options I should be looking for when choosing the drill? I'd like to also use it to reseed my pasture so getting it through a gate is an issue, I'd prefer it to be a width of 5'-8' (that's the 3pt. preference).

At this stage, I don't want expense to be a limiting factor, I'd like to find out what the best drill is for the job.

Thanks very my for the advice, I appreciate it.

I don't have personal experience but I have heard TYE and TRUAX drills work well for what you are talking about. Hope this helps.

All, Looking to purchase a new small no-till drill for my farm, capable of planting pollinator seed and grasses. I have various tractor hp and hitch options. I'd prefer a 3pt. but open to pull type drill.

In your opinions, what's the drill that's best suited for pollinator seed planting? What are the options I should be looking for when choosing the drill? I'd like to also use it to reseed my pasture so getting it through a gate is an issue, I'd prefer it to be a width of 5'-8' (that's the 3pt. preference).

At this stage, I don't want expense to be a limiting factor, I'd like to find out what the best drill is for the job.

Thanks very my for the advice, I appreciate it.[/QUOTE

The industry standard planting grass and forbs is Truax.

I have had both a Truax and a Great Plains drill. The Truax by far is the better brand in my comparison.

Back