New forum?

Lee192233

What happened to the new forum format? I'm back to the old format and none of the newer posts are showing.

Good to know it’s not just me as Ive got the same deal going on. Thought maybe I travelled back in time. :)

Good time to change format at the beginning of the pheasant seasons. I just started learning the old one then the new and back to the old I’m confused. Lol

We rolled back to the forum because the new company did not import the data correctly and refused to fix it.

We are now upgrading to the same company we are using currently so it stays similar and all the data gets imported correctly.

As far as upgrading in season, dragged out timelines and people is what delays things. No one wants to do their job anymore and if there is a screw up, it's always someone else's problem.

We will have it all fixed up soon.

Webguy

Webguy,

Thanks for the info. It's hard to get anyone to take responsibility for their mistakes anymore. It's very frustrating. Thanks for your hard work in keeping this forum going.

Have a great night,
Lee

I'll keep you guys updated here at this post with the upgrade details. The new forum will stay with the same company this forum board is on, so it will be similar, but newer.

Webguy

I liked how easy it was going to be to post pictures in the new Forum!

Webguy, it would appear that all the threads and posts that were started/made on the new forum format are now gone.

Correct. We had to roll back the forum posts to Friday 3pm. So the posts between Friday 3pm CST and Monday 5pm CST were lost unfortunately.

I liked how easy it was going to be to post pictures in the new Forum!

Agreed. It's a slick system, unfortunately I was not aware by the low level support I was dealing with via email of a logical timeframe.

Here is the 411-

We had to roll back the forum posts to Friday 3pm. So the posts between Friday 3pm CST and Monday 5pm CST were lost unfortunately.

We are working out the bugs and will do this with a more seamless conversion. The new company that took it over failed to mention how long the background tasks would take and I was left trying to explain things that were beyond my control.

We will also be preserving all the old data, converting it to the new system and that takes time to move over and convert via scripts. Again, I don’t have a timeline of how long. Members were mentioning that the old photos were not showing up. Well I heard from the new company finally, that it can take weeks for the processes to run. So, I'll update you guys more here in the Website Announcements & Support area of the forum.

Someone made a comment about doing it during pheasant season, so I'm just leaving the forum as is at the moment until I can have clear expectations from the company migrating the data. I'll be updating you guys further.

I did hear from Management of the new company taking care of the move, he apologized and will take care of it personally as one of his employees failed miserably and I’m left taking the blame for his screw up.

Once I hear back, I’ll have to figure out if we just do this in the off season. I’ll get this figured out and get you guys an update. I need more information at this point.

Webguy

Thanks Webguy. I work in IT so if you ever need any help I'll be happy to help where possible.

Back