Since the season is over....

So your going to the excuse of , well everyone is doing it so its ok if we do too? And evidently Bill doesnt agree with you because he says it never happened. Nobody put him on those tapes asking for help getting those players families funded but himself. Its so funny how now the whole organization is dirty and we shouldn't have to go by their antiquated rules. The old blame game and "if'n" game. Lol. And you say Calipari did nothing. He made all of you so sure he was the biggest cheater out there and now when its proven who actually is, you start the blame everyone else crap. You are going to take a big time hit. 5 level 1 charges? Good luck with that. And back to Calipari, 11 years at UK and still nothing , not even a parking ticket. And oh by the way he is despised by the NCAA, cause he sticks to them more than any other coach. His ideas on what should be done for the players is leap years ahead of any other coach. Take your blinders off and listen to him, fairly. Over a billion dollars in NBA contracts for his players doesnt lie.

So your going to the excuse of , well everyone is doing it so its ok if we do too? And evidently Bill doesnt agree with you because he says it never happened. Nobody put him on those tapes asking for help getting those players families funded but himself. Its so funny how now the whole organization is dirty and we shouldn't have to go by their antiquated rules. The old blame game and "if'n" game. Lol. And you say Calipari did nothing. He made all of you so sure he was the biggest cheater out there and now when its proven who actually is, you start the blame everyone else crap. You are going to take a big time hit. 5 level 1 charges? Good luck with that. And back to Calipari, 11 years at UK and still nothing , not even a parking ticket. And oh by the way he is despised by the NCAA, cause he sticks to them more than any other coach. His ideas on what should be done for the players is leap years ahead of any other coach. Take your blinders off and listen to him, fairly. Over a billion dollars in NBA contracts for his players doesnt lie.

I never heard a tape of Bill Self asking for players families to be funded. Please play that for us. No one really cares about this. Colleges are finished with the NCAA. The SEC will be playing football this year regardless of what the NCAA recommends about Covid. The NCAA is finished.

It was played at the Addidas trial in New York.
And it very well may be, but every college president and provost have to vote to leave it. Not athletic directors. But you may be right. I doubt it .

It was played at the Addidas trial in New York.
And it very well may be, but every college president and provost have to vote to leave it. Not athletic directors. But you may be right. I doubt it .

There was a conversation where Bill said "we have to get some real guys." Nothing about paying families.

I have a lot of respect for Calipari. Not as an Xs and Os coach, because he’s fundamentally shoddy as a strategist, nor as a player developer, because he has never shown any aptitude for that, but as a man who obviously likes the men who work for him and values their talent and contribution, and places them at the highest priority, as he should. But if you think John Calipari doesn’t funnel money to players in violation of the NCAA’s rules, you’re a sucker. Sorry, but it’s that simple. I’m a Kansas fan, and a college basketball fan, and there’s not a day in my life I’ve sided with the NCAA’s corrupt and unethical rules or its enforcement of them, which is straight up about who pays the NCAA off and who doesn’t pay them off enough. It has never bothered me in the slightest to acknowledge that Kansas does and almost always has broke the rules. A moral man has no obligation to follow an immoral edict. And the NCAA is dirtier than any college basketball program in the country, and Kentucky and Duke are every bit as dirty as Kansas, or any other blue-blood program, and most of the second and third rate programs, too.

Last edited:
You may want to go back and look at prior comments you said Mr Davis. You said the reason Self couldn't get kids to Lawrence was he didnt pay as much as Calipari. But you see Cal put the pressure on all of the bluebloods when his first class at Ky had 5 first round draft picks. They all were served notice that he was going to be miles ahead if they didnt get the same 5 star players,hence one and done was born. But everyone thought it was the ruination of college basketball. It wasnt looked at any different untill the "great one " saw he needed to get in the game . So with Cal leading the way and then Duke following suit, that led coaches like Self and Miller to step it up or get left behind. You sir may know about Kansas' program but you fail to realize that Cals record of letting these young men realize their dreams to get in the NBA is all the recruiting tool he needs. Hell, John Wall said it best over 10 years ago. "Why would I accept a 100k when in 8 months I can get 4 million a year. Thanks but you can keep that". So keep denying, blame everyone else and everything. But for me Im done , I have more than proved my point. Good luck and remember, the one you have such praise for has gutted your program. Maybe one day you will see that. Im out!

Wrong again. He said Duke was not that kind of place , for one and dones . Then went all in in 14-15 season. So yes he does follow. Pro days for the players,Cal started . So read up sir.

Wrong again. He said Duke was not that kind of place , for one and dones . Then went all in in 14-15 season. So yes he does follow. Pro days for the players,Cal started . So read up sir.

Coach K has been the leader in college basketball since the early 80's. 5 National Titles. They are in a class by themselves and set the bar for all other colleges to follow. One and done or 4 year players, he wins titles with them all. Calipari is very good coach, and if he can duplicate what he has done so far at Kentucky for anther 30 years then we can begin to compare him to coach K.

You may want to go back and look at prior comments you said Mr Davis. You said the reason Self couldn't get kids to Lawrence was he didnt pay as much as Calipari. But you see Cal put the pressure on all of the bluebloods when his first class at Ky had 5 first round draft picks. They all were served notice that he was going to be miles ahead if they didnt get the same 5 star players,hence one and done was born. But everyone thought it was the ruination of college basketball. It wasnt looked at any different untill the "great one " saw he needed to get in the game . So with Cal leading the way and then Duke following suit, that led coaches like Self and Miller to step it up or get left behind. You sir may know about Kansas' program but you fail to realize that Cals record of letting these young men realize their dreams to get in the NBA is all the recruiting tool he needs. Hell, John Wall said it best over 10 years ago. "Why would I accept a 100k when in 8 months I can get 4 million a year. Thanks but you can keep that". So keep denying, blame everyone else and everything. But for me Im done , I have more than proved my point. Good luck and remember, the one you have such praise for has gutted your program. Maybe one day you will see that. Im out!

I stand behind those comments, because they are correct. I don’t blame anyone but the NCAA for creating the mess they created. And I don’t deny anything - Kansas pays players. If you think Kentucky doesn’t pay players, I don’t know what to tell you. I think you are a sucker. That’s denial. Maybe ask the UMass or Memphis fans about Cal’s “not even a parking ticket” record. Or whoever took Derrick Rose’s SAT for him. Or any of the other multitude of credible and proven violations Calipari has been part of. None of which I think reflects particularly poorly on Calipari as a person. I fault the NCAA for his cheating as the same way I fault it for Self and the rest of them.

I’ve got no problem with the one and done system, except the “one” part, which is coercion, and isn’t going to last very long. It’s alright as a gimmick, but ultimately not a sustainable system. It’s not even particularly consistent as an approach. And it has certainly made the college game objectively worse as a form of entertainment. But it doesn’t make me disrespect Calipari as a recruiter, or as a leader. I just don’t think he’s much of a basketball mind. Seems to have the business end of coaching smartly sewed up.

I certainly don’t worry about the ruination of the Kansas basketball program, anymore than I would worry about Kentucky when it doesn’t make the tournament one year, or North Carolina when they get caught cheating on exams. I, like a lot of people, respect Self for clearly taking on a corrupt system, openly showing disdain for it, instead of kowtowing or faking it. Every single coach in college basketball loathes the NCAA and its corruption, even the Nike school coaches.

Last edited:
Back