It's Stupid Warm in Wisconsin for November

Kismet

UPH Guru
:mad: It was 72 degrees today and is expected to be the same tomorrow, with 60's for the rest of the week.:mad: This is Wisconsin, darnit!

We are not amused. I got a puppy to run, and these temps wear both of us (more me) out.

I know there will be a time later in the season when I will read this nostalgically, but right now, where are my Fall temperatures?

:mad:

About 19 years ago, I remember it hitting 70 during deer gun season. That was too stinking warm as well. Hopefully it all returns to the average temps next week!

A plus side of this warm fall; I think the wildlife are over due for weather like this. There's still a lot of insects/grasshoppers out there, grain, etc. Life is easy right now. This could pay off this spring.

Nick

About 19 years ago, I remember it hitting 70 during deer gun season. That was too stinking warm as well. Hopefully it all returns to the average temps next week!

I hunted that opener with no shirt and just an orange vest. All the ice was sold out from every gas station and grocery in our area.

Had to take the deer in to the butcher that day or risk spoiling.

Also got sunburned.

Then I have also hunted deer in -17 degree and froze myself in a tree and almost couldn't get down.

The good ol' days.

I played 9 holes late Wednesday, 60*. Our course is still green and lush, which is not supposed to happen in November. That's all changed today with wind having a real bite to it. My wife and I are headed to our place in Vilas Co. She wants to spend time with me, me having been gone most of the last two weeks first hunting grouse/woodcock, then Iowa pheasants. She suggested we hike some trails. Of course, Max and the 20 gauge will go along. She's fine with that, but really grumbled while watching the weather report for tomorrow, high 38* with rain and possible snow. I told her she's the one suggested the "hike", so wear a rain jacket and layer up! And I said I'll buy her an Irish coffee when we're done.

Back